900 Keeler Avenue
3D Virtual Tour
Fabulous level-in Mid-century modern style home perched atop the Berkeley hills with optimum privacy tucked back from the street! This fully fenced property boasts picturesque San Francisco Bay views, spanning two levels and multiple outdoor areas for entertaining and gardening. Its newly painted exterior beautifully complements its lush, nature-filled surroundings. A separate in-law apartment offers numerous possibilities for expansion, rental income or a comfortable and private space for extended family and guests!
A generous-sized front garden and porch greets you through the front gate. A level-in entry provides ease of access for the main level which boasts bright interiors, hardwood floors, beamed ceilings and walls of windows. A modern and compact yet efficient kitchen provides a wonderful space for cooking up meals. Stainless steel appliances, white countertops and cabinets with glass doors create a clean and simple aesthetic. The dining room off the kitchen provides a ample additional counter space, a wine fridge and storage as well. The open floorplan great room combines the dining and living spaces and showcased the gorgeous scenery. Access to the main level deck is through sliding glass doors which wraps around the property and makes outdoor barbequing and entertaining a breeze! The stylish wood-burning fireplace tucked at the corner of the living room beckons you to cozy up, relax and soak up the views. Also on this level is the main bathroom and two wonderful-sized bedrooms each with ample closet space.
Access to a partially enclosed carport is down a flight of stairs to the lower level deck area which leads to an additional storage room with laundry. Through the spacious lower deck is the private entrance for the separate in-law apartment. Boasting impressive views, its own kitchen and spacious full bath, this level offers a multitude of uses to suit your needs. Newly painted and bright and airy as upstairs, its wall of glass windows and sliding doors washes natural light throughout the living spaces.
Expansive exterior decks grace each level offering ample room to entertain outdoors. A canopy of mature trees provides shade and privacy to the large corner lot and its naturally growing backyard allows room for creativity or expansion! An additional parking pad at the side of the home provides convenient access to and from your home. A detached shed lends extra space for gardening tools, outdoor and sports equipment.
Located in the treasured North Berkeley hills Cragmont neighborhood with great schools and easy access to transportation, BART, and multiple bus lines just minutes away. Enjoy outdoor activities at nearby Tilden Regional Park or take a stroll through Berkeley’s historic Rose Garden. Indulge yourself at all the fabulous shops, dining, and entertainment at nearby Gourmet Ghetto, downtown Berkeley and Solano Avenue retail and commercial districts. Conveniently enjoy all of the wonderful amenities and destination hot spots Berkeley has to offer from this wonderful, move-in ready home awaiting its next lucky owners.
- Built in 1953 | recently remodeled
- 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (both levels)
- Approx. 1,596 sqft of combined upper/lower level living spaces
- Main level: 2 bedrooms/1 bath approx. 1,046 sqft (*no interior access to lower level)
- Lower level in-law: 1 bed/1 bath approx. 550 sqft (*no interior access to upper level)
*Architect plans available to install interior staircase to connect both levels
- Lot size: approx. 7,840 sqft
- 3 expansive decks for indoor/outdoor living and entertaining
- Views of Berkeley Hills and San Francisco Bay
- Newly painted exterior walls, trim and front door
- Newly stained lower level deck to match upper level deck
- Freshly painted some interior walls on the main level
- Freshly painted all interiors and cabinetry on the lower level in-law
- Corner wood-burning fireplace with white-washed brick surround and
- cantilevered floating hearth
- Beautifully remodeled kitchen, ample white cabinetry, stone countertops, stainless steel appliances, 5-burner gas stove, and stylish tile backsplash
- Windows equipped with motorized and remote-controlled Hunter Douglas window shades
- Dining room with buffet wall of cabinetry and additional counter space, wine/beverage fridge and secondary exterior access.
- Newly installed interior and exterior light fixtures and sconces
- Bold new graphic design linoleum flooring in bathrooms and in-law kitchen
- Laundry room with washer/dryer units included located in the lower level storage room
- with additional storage
- One car partially enclosed garage with additional parking pad and storage shed
- at the main level
- Newly landscaped and enclosed front garden, mature trees surrounding property
- for shade and privacy
- Desirable, highly regarded Berkeley school system
- Close proximity to U.C. Berkeley campus, Gourmet Ghetto cafés and restaurants, Shattuck Ave and Downtown Berkeley amenities, Solano Ave shopping and dining corridor.
- Quick access to Tilden Regional Park and its many outdoor activities, Lake Anza, Berkeley Rose Garden, Indian Rock Park and more!
- Commute is a breeze with easy access to numerous bus lines, BART, and freeways
LIVING IN THE BERKELEY HILLS
Perched above the city and offering the best panoramic views in the entire Bay Area, North Berkeley Hills is an incredibly peaceful residential neighborhood, yet not far from the hustle and bustle of the city’s more urban areas. Homes in the neighborhood are built in a variety of styles and feature spacious patio decks, manicured lawns and lushly landscaped gardens. Depending on where you live, North Berkeley Hills residents can enjoy views of the San Francisco and Oakland skylines, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Mount Tamalpais. For even more great views plus a variety of great outdoor activities, residents can take a short trip to nearby Tilden Regional Park. Park amenities vary between free and paid activities. Free activities available at Tilden Park include a beautiful botanical garden, the Little Farm, and nearly 40 miles of scenic hiking trails. For a small fee, the public can also swim at Lake Anza, take a spin on the Merry-Go-Round, or enjoy a round of golf at Tilden Park Golf Course.
Some residents in the southern part of North Berkeley Hills are within walking distance of the thriving retail district on Solano Avenue. Featuring a wide variety of stores, shops, and plenty of great restaurants, including: Safeway Community Markets: Located at the southwest corner of Solano and Fresno Avenues, this is a great place to check off everything on your grocery list. Noor & Sons Rug Gallery: Find handcrafted Oriental Rugs for your home, as well as rug cleaning and repair services. Peet’s Coffee: It all started in Berkeley, and this location is ideal for your morning cup of coffee before you begin your commute. Additionally, foodies who love a variety of cuisines are just a short walk or drive away from the infamous Gourmet Ghetto neighborhood.
Despite its elevated location, North Berkeley Hills is extremely transit-friendly. The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District bus lines that serve the neighborhood drop residents at the Downtown Berkeley BART station for a quick commute to downtown San Francisco. Berkeley Hills residents who live near the western section of the neighborhood are less than one mile away from the heart of UC Berkeley, making it a great area for faculty and administrators to live.
Showings by Virtual Tour Or By Appointment ONLY:
Contact Tracy Palma | 415-305-6726 | [email protected]
Covid-19 safety measures and protocols strictly enforced for all in-person tours. Email Tracy for guidelines, mandatory forms and showing appointment date/time confirmation.